Discover the Rocky Mountain region’s oldest, largest and most prestigious garden and home show – a nine-day spectacular event- where you can find inspiration from the lasts ideas and trends in landscaping, gardening and home improvements.
Head to the Colorado Convention Center (about 15 minutes from Stapleton) February 7th – 15th to take in all that the show has to offer.
Here are some fun statistics and information about the Colorado Garden & Home show
- 400,000…the amount of square feet the show at the Colorado Convention Center
- 45,000…the amount of square feet—more than an acre—is devoted to flowering garden displays.
- 15,000…blooming flowers, plus 200 trees and 500 shrubs are used in creating the lush landscaped gardens at the show. The flowers and blooming trees are grown in Welby Gardens’ greenhouses. They are planted in August and are grown in a strict climate-controlled environment which encourages the plants to bloom in the middle of winter.
- 2,000…cubic yards of recycled mulch used in the gardens. This is equivalent to 2,000 pickup truck loads.
- 400…tons of boulders and rocks used in the gardens.
- 50…free educational seminars led by some of the region’s most noted gardening, landscaping and home improvement experts.
- 60,000…people are expected to attend the 55th annual Colorado Garden & Home Show. This is the LARGEST consumer show held in the Colorado Convention Center and boasts the highest attendance.
- 7,000…flowers will be delivered to more than 60 area nursing homes at the end of the show.
- 100%…of every ticket sold is awarded in horticulture grants & scholarships across Colorado.
- $5.5 million…the amount in show proceeds donated over the past 55 years in the form of grants and scholarships to promote the horticulture industry in Colorado.