M. A. Mortenson Company
8560 Northfield Blvd Ste 1920
Denver, CO 80238
This notice is to update you on the 1.1 mile extension of Martin Luther King Blvd (MLK) from Havana St. east to Peoria St. The work is scheduled to continue until July 2020, we anticipate mainline paving to be complete by mid-April and the completion of landscape will be in July.
Construction entails transportation improvements within the Stapleton Redevelopment Area, including:
- A new roadway between Havana St. and Peoria St. built to arterial standards, with two travel lanes and one parking lane in the eastbound direction, and two travel lanes in the westbound
- A paved bicycle/pedestrian path and a soft-surface equestrian trail on the north side of MLK between Havana St. and Peoria St., separated from the roadway by a landscaped
- A raised median with landscaping between the eastbound and westbound
- A paved bicycle/pedestrian path on the south side of MLK between Havana St. and Peoria St., separated from the roadway by a tree
- Reconstruction of Moline Street to 26th Avenue as a two-lane collector
- Traffic signals at Kingston St., Moline St. and 26th ; street lighting; signage for a 35-mile per hour speed limit.
Access to residential neighborhoods will be maintained at all times, although there could be periodic delays when equipment is working in front of entrances. Mortenson Construction will manage traffic control during the hours of 7AM and 5:30PM Monday through Friday, as well as on an on-call basis outside of those hours. We are pleased to announce that MLK opened from Moline to Peoria on March 12th, 2020. A design enhancement to the traffic signals and the lead time on the components this date has pushed from the original opening date.
We apologize for any inconvenience and will do our best to ensure that this construction is completed in a timely manner. All work is weather dependent. Denver Public Works and Brookfield Properties Development will keep the public informed of any further scheduling delays. Currently, side-street closures include Lima and Ironton. Kingston is now open.