M. A. Mortenson Company
8560 Northfield Blvd Ste 1920
Denver, CO 80238
This notice is to inform you of upcoming 1.1 mile extension of Martin Luther King Blvd (MLK) from Havana St. east to Peoria St.. The work is scheduled to begin November 19, 2018 and will continue until November 2019. Construction entails transportation improvements within the Stapleton Redevelopment Area, including:
• A new roadway between Havana St. and Peoria St. built to arterial standards, with two travel lanes and one parking lane in the eastbound direction, and two travel lanes in the westbound direction.
• A paved bicycle/pedestrian path and a soft-surface equestrian trail on the north side of MLK between Havana St. and Peoria St., separated from the roadway by a landscaped buffer.
• A raised median with landscaping between the eastbound and westbound lanes.
• A paved bicycle/pedestrian path on the south side of MLK between Havana St. and Peoria St., separated from the roadway by a tree lawn.
• Reconstruction of Moline Street to 26th Avenue as a two-lane collector street.
• Traffic signals at Kingston St., Moline St. and 26th Ave.; street lighting; signage for a 35-mile per hour speed limit.
Initial construction impacts will include four to five periodic lane closures along MLK between the months of March 2019 to July 2019. Access to residential neighborhoods will be maintained at all times, although there could be periodic delays when equipment is working in front of entrances. Mortenson Construction will manage traffic control during the hours of 7AM and 5:30PM Monday through Friday, as well as on an on-call basis outside of those hours.
We apologize for any inconvenience and will do our best to ensure that this construction is completed in a timely manner. All work is weather dependent. Denver Public Works and Forest City (now Brookfield Properties) will keep the public informed of any scheduling delays.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at (720)-548-1445 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org