To help usher in summer, the Master Community Association (MCA) has a variety of musical events that are free for the public to attend.
The tunes kick off with Concert on the Green. The concert is held at Founders’ Green (29th Ave. and Roslyn St.) and will feature local bands. There will be a variety of food trucks to fill your cravings at the shows.
- Saturday, June 8th 6-8pm will feature the Sister of Rock; a band that plays music from the ladies of the 80s.
- Saturday, June 22nd 6-8pm will host the Soul School Band who will play everything from Motown, Rhythm and Blues, Contemporary, Golden Oldies, Beach, Country, Jazz, Rock and Funk.
Join the MCA and Live@Jacks for the MoJaBlu Concert Series on Thursdays from 6:30-8:30pm! Head to Conservatory Green (49th Pl. and Valentia St.) for evenings filled with Motown, Jazz and Blues. Dance to the music and check out the food trucks.
- Thursday, June 13th will have Thumpin’ which combines two energetic lead vocalists with a tight rhythm and horn section and a repertoire of songs spanning five decades of fun, soul, and R&B.
- Thursday, June 20th come see The Hot Lunch Band who specialize in hard core funk and good dance music.
- Thursday, June 27th check out The Hazel Miller Band who performs original, Jazz, Blues, R&B, as well as Top 40 music.