Now into a new decade of development, Stapleton welcomed its eighth, great neighborhood, Conservatory Green! The Stapleton Visitor Center is open, builders have unveiled their home collections, residents are moving in and parks are underway: Read about the new neighborhood’s evolution!
Here’s a look at the big picture as well as 2013 in Stapleton …
- Construction began on the first roads in Conservatory Green neighborhood.
- The president of Forest City Stapleton (now Brookfield Properties) talked about what’s next for the community.
- The National Association of Homebuilders highlighted Stapleton’s Realtor outreach.
- Construction started on Staybridge Suites’ Stapleton location.
- The Aster Conservatory Green was announced as Stapleton’s newest apartment community.
- Isabella Bird Community School became one of Stapleton’s newest schools.
- Stapleton was named the nation’s 10th top-selling, master-planned community for last year’s home sales.
- The Stapleton Visitor Center opened!
- Pop Up Skate Shop became the newest retailer in Stapleton’s East 29th Avenue neighborhood.
- Stapleton’s medical community continued to grow.
- KB Home opened the first model homes in Conservatory Green neighborhood and was profiled in The Denver Post.
- Stapleton released a video journey about its progression from an airport to a neighborhood.
- 7-Eleven opened a location at Montview and Central Park boulevards.
- Confluence Denver highlighted Stapleton.
- Stapleton’s event season picked up, and the community was featured in 5280 and Denver Life (page 7).
- Stapleton landed its first Little Free Library.
- The University of Colorado announced its new Stapleton clinic.
- The Denver Post featured Wonderland Homes.
- Pando CrossFit and Yoga opened in The Shops at Northfield Stapleton.
- The American Institute of Architects highlighted Stapleton.
- Stapleton’s Chief Gardening Officer harvested some of the first vegetables at the Visitor Center, while gardening & cooking classes were in full swing.
- The Denver Century Ride celebrated another year in Stapleton.
- The Denver Post profiled Boulder Creek Neighborhoods and David Weekley Homes.
- Planning continued on the community’s new High Tech Elementary School.
- Seven area businesses were featured in 5280’s Top of the Town!
- Stapleton launched an Instagram presence.
- United Properties announced its new Enterprise Business Center.
- McAuliffe International School discussed plans to move to Park Hill.
- Construction began on an age-qualified community, Overture at Stapleton.
- Stapleton was featured in Bloomberg’s international news.
- The Denver Post highlighted Infinity Home Collection.
- Conservatory Green neighborhood welcomed its first residents, and the community participated in Denver’s annual Parade of Homes.
- The Sam Gary Branch Library celebrated its one-year anniversary.
- Stapleton’s neighborhood parks garnered a little extra attention …
- The community, Thrive Home Builders and Parkwood Homes were featured in The Denver Post.
- Stapleton was profiled on 9News (and take a look at another video about urban gardening in the community)!
- More than 300 homes participated in the annual garage sale.
- The Stapleton Beer Festival celebrated its fourth anniversary.
- The Stapleton Tap House opened in The Shops at Northfield Stapleton.
- ColoradoMoms.com raved about Stapleton’s Central Park.
- New street connections opened between Stapleton and Aurora.
- Six Stapleton businesses were honored in Denver’s annual A-List.
- The community added a new art piece.
- The Aster Conservatory Green opened as Stapleton’s newest apartment community.
- The inaugural Open Studios Tour drew hundreds of art fans.
- The Denver Post profiled CalAtlantic Homes.
- Stapleton celebrated a lively Halloween!
- Canine winners were selected for the 2014 Dogs of Stapleton Calendar.
- Sales began for Stapleton Dog Walker, a board game based on the community.
- Wonderland Homes announced plans to office in The Shops at Northfield Stapleton.
- New Perspective Real Estate’s third annual food drive raised 29,000 pounds.
November & December
- Stapleton celebrated the year’s final events and Winter Welcome.
- High Tech Elementary School broke ground on its new location.
- Construction progressed in Conservatory Green neighborhood and across Stapleton.
- We kicked off a supply drive for the Denver Children’s Home.
- The Rocky Mountain Chili Bowl became Stapleton’s first green-certified restaurant and was recently honored for having the best chili in the United States!