We launched the Global Coolness Home Tour, welcoming the 2011 HGTV Green Home and 11 new home collections to Stapleton’s Central Park neighborhoods. These collections helped lead to more than 360 new home sales* – and of all closings on new homes, an average of 60% had Realtor representation!
Here’s a look at 12 really cool months in Stapleton:
- The Central Park Recreation Center opened during the first month of year, packing everything from aqua aerobics to cheer camp into its 50,000-foot building. The center also features two of Stapleton’s 12 public art pieces: Thought Balloons and Staplefield .
- Stapleton saw 12 new-home sales in January, 11 closings on new homes, and 36% of these closings had Realtor representation.
- As if this place wasn’t cool enough, we launched the Big Book of Awesome, featuring everything about Stapleton – businesses to schools and parks to pools. Take a look!
- Sales on new homes also jumped to 34, new home closings grew to 17, and Realtors were part of 43% of closings.
- As the weather began to heat up, so did construction in Central Park West. Learn more about the new neighborhood …
- New home sales held steady at 36, new home closings jumped to 24, and Realtors were part of 54% of closings.
- The Stapleton parking garage is gone. The unused structure from the former airport was demolished to make room for new homes, while the neighboring control tower will be preserved as a landmark.
- Stapleton’s new home sales were 42, while 13 new homes closed, and Realtors were part of 77% of new home closings.
- The Global Coolness Home Tour kicked off in May, inviting visitors to tour Stapleton’s new home collection and the 2011 HGTV Green Home.
- The Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge completed its new visitor center, which is open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Learn more about the arsenal.
- Thirty-one new homes sold. There were 27 new closings and the community saw 56% Realtor representation.
- June marked the first full month of tours at the HGTV Green Home ( the network’s giveaway promotion ended later that month). Ticket sales from the tours generated more than $50,000 for Urban Peak, a local charity that provides housing, medical care, education and other services to homeless youth.
The month brought 29 new home sales, 15 closings on new properties and 53% Realtor representation.
- The Stapleton Community Garage Sale celebrated its sixth year, and the event was split into two days to accommodate its annual popularity. The next garage sale will be July 21-22: Learn more!
- Stapleton saw 46 new home sales – the most of any month this year! There were also 24 closings on new homes and Realtors were part of 46% of closings.
- Stapleton participated in Denver’s 2011 Parade of Homes, kicked of the first Stapleton Kids’ Triathlon, and gave the Stapleton Beer Festival another round.
- There were 33 new home sales in August, while there were 27 closings, and all these sales had 56% Realtor representation.
- The Swigert-McAuliffe International Campus celebrated the first full month of school.
Swigert will eventually include third through fifth grade, and McAuliffe will serve sixth through eighth. Both schools will add one grade every year.
- Construction began to pick up on two apartment complexes – The Astor and Eastbridge, which will bring more than 200 apartment units to Stapleton. Read about the new apartments .
- The Stapleton Kickball Tournament also celebrated its eighth year, while area musicians rocked The Green for the third annual Stapleton Rocks.
- Lastly, the community had 27 new home sales, 23 new home closings and the highest Realtor representation of any month – 81%!
- Thrive Home Builders completed its Zero Energy Home after beginning construction in July. The home produces energy, saving its owner from a monthly utility bill.
- Stapleton is also Business Ready: The Central Park Boulevard Interchange opened in October, creating new connections to commercial opportunities along the interchange as well as I-70, I-270 and The Shops at Northfield Stapleton.
- There were 34 new home sales in October, 19 new home closings, and Realtors were part of 78% of all closings.
- Stapleton’s library construction is progressing, and area residents submitted suggestions for the building’s name.
- Stapleton’s Winter Welcome attracted more than 700 participants to bring in the season.
- The 2012 Dogs of Stapleton Calendar debuted at the event. You can get your copy of the annual calendar from the Stapleton Master Community Association’s offices at 2823 Roslyn St. (one calendar per household).
- November had 36 new home closings – the highest number of any month! There were also 39 new home sales and Realtors were represented at 75% of closings.
- Stapleton at the Holidays: The community is celebrating the season with visits from Santa, hay rides at The Shops at Northfield Stapleton, and other festivities. Keep reading …
- More than 15 new homes sold in December. Stapleton has already seen 44 closings, and the community has had 73% Realtor representation.
* New home sales, closings and Realtor figures based on internal database totals.